The FSA is managed by a board that can have up to twelve full members on it at any one time. There will be five vacant positions on the board at the 2021 AGM. This year only existing directors will be standing for election because their term is up.
In addition, we have received five applications from members wishing to become co-opted advisors to the board this year. These members are being orientated to the function of the board and will be eligible to stand at next year’s election if recommended to do so by the board.
This year the board recommends the following candidates and invites members to formally elect them to the board as directors of the FSA. The candidates’ application forms may be viewed through the links below.
Voting process (TRAINEE MEMBERS NOT ELIGIBLE TO VOTE)
Applicants will be elected by ordinary resolution during the 2021 AGM on 22nd May 2021. Members may vote electronically simply by sending an email with the following information.
Email Subject: My vote 2021 director elections
In the body of your email please copy and paste the following text (delete the names of any candidates for whom you do not wish to vote).
Please register my votes for the following candidates in the 2021 election of FSA directors.
Your name (as you are known to the FSA)
All electronic votes must be received by midday Friday 21st May 2021 at the latest. YOU CAN NOT VOTE DURING THE AGM because it is being held virtually.
- A candidate can only be voted for ONCE by a member.
- In order to be elected as a Director – candidates require at least 50% of the vote. In other words, all directors must be acceptable to the majority of eligible members who vote. In the unlikely event of director positions not being filled then the board is prepared to function at a reduced capacity until the next election although they have the option of co-opting directors to the board if required.
- Stating NO SUITABLE CANDIDATES in your email will be recorded as a vote against each candidate.
- Electronic voting opens to membership 11th May 2021
- Electronic voting ends midday 21st May 2021
- Votes will be announced at the AGM on 22nd May 2021