Join the FSA
Membership Options (see benefits below)
Individual Membership(Associate Membership £20/yr)
- £5 discount if making recurring payments
- Associate Membership available for people not practising Forest School at this time (£20/year)
FSA Recognised Forest School Provider
- £100 non-refundable admin fee. 12 months membership free of charge if accepted.
- £55 non-refundable admin fee for curent members. 12 months membership free of charge if accepted.
- Membership fee payable in advance after first 12 months (£55 to £75+ depending on size of organisation).
- 50% discount available (from your trainer) if your trainer is FSA endorsed
- Trainees may only join for 12 months
- QA process costs £400 (£200 before application and £200 at end of Stage 3 upon endorsement)
- £150/year Trainer membership fees applicable once registered
- Additional optional marketing add-ons including FSA Trainee Membership discount code, marketing courses on the FSA website/Facebook/Twitter accounts and ethical ‘FSA Endorsed Forest School Trainer’ branded clothing such as fleeces and T-Shirts.
Code of conduct adherence agreement
It is a requirement of FSA membership to agree to adhere to the member CODE OF CONDUCT for the duration of your subscription. A member who, following investigation, is found to be in breach of this code of conduct may, as an ultimate sanction, have their membership revoked.
- FSA Social Networking Account
- Access to the Forum
- Access to the knowledge base and FSA guidance notes
- Access to local Forest School Groups
- Receive the e-bulletin by email
- Access to FSA blog, news, guidance notes, case studies, reviews and articles
- Discounts on FSA events such as the national conference
- Discounts on listing Jobs and Events with the FSA
- Discounts on products and services offered by partner organisations
- £10 discount on Liability Insurance and no admin fee (£15) in first year from Birnbeck Insurance
- Voting rights
FSA Recognised Forest School Provider
Please note that to become an FSA Recognised FS Provider you must evidence that you facilitate experiences in line with all six core FS principles by going through our application process.
- A certificate and e-badge to use on marketing materials
- Presence on our online, publicly searchable map of Forest School Providers
- Presence in a network of other Recognised Providers for sharing and seeking good practice
- External validation that you are providing Forest School programmes in line with the 6 core Forest School principles
- Full individual membership for up to 4 people (staff, volunteers and/or trainees) which gives full access to the FSA website, a vote at our Annual General Meeting and member discounts
- Promotes the FSA’s purpose of working toward quality Forest School for All
- Trainees receive all the benefits of individual members for a maximum of 12 months
- TRAINEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO VOTE IN ELECTIONS
- A route for those who train and assess Forest School courses to become a FSA endorsed through a rigorous Quality Assurance process. Through this scheme trainers can demonstrate they meet a variety of standards associated with providing quality training experiences in line with the 6 core Forest School principles.
- A personal and portable endorsement of a person’s quality training provision (because it applies to an individual not an organisation)
- A personalised e-badge and a certificate to display to publicise this endorsement
- Presence on the public map and database of FSA Registered (after Stage 1) and Endorsed (after Stage 3) Forest School Trainers for those trying to identify a suitable trainer.
- Access to good practice and annual training for Forest School Trainers.
- An FSA membership discount code to offer to trainees (50% discount code made available to trainers upon Endorsement). Your students would be able to use the code to become members for £10.
- 10% discount on Professional Indemnity Insurance from Birnbeck Insurance.
- Voting rights within the FSA.
- Additional optional marketing add-ons including marketing courses on the FSA website/Facebook/Twitter accounts and ethical ‘FSA Endorsed Forest School Trainer’ branded clothing such as fleeces and T-Shirts.