Join the FSA as a Recognised Forest School Provider
The national FSA Recognised Forest School Provider Scheme has been created as a benchmarking and development tool that sets the minimum professional standard for Forest School provision.
The FSA Recognised FS Provider Scheme is open to new applications from individuals or settings who wish to be recognsied by the FSA as providing Forest School experiences in line with all 6 core Forest School principles. Please refer to the application process below for details of how to apply.
Along with other benefits, membership offers the opportunity to promote your Forest School provision to the public, and Forest School community, via the FSA’s Recognised FS Provider searchable online map and database.
If you would like to hear a summary of the scheme, including the benchmarks, please watch the ten minute video above.
- Read the Preamble document
- Review your practice against our quick reference ‘Self-assessment Checklist’ to ensure you meet our benchmarks. Refer to the Application Form for further detail about the benchmarks if you wish.
- If you wish to proceed, scroll down to the online form below to notify us of your intention to apply and make your initial payment
- Await contact from our Development Officer who will attempt to arrange a time for an informal phone or Skype consultation
- Following that chat, complete your Application Form and compile your evidence. You may find it helpful to refer to the online Teachable resource, which offers short video explanations by Nell, for each of the main questions in the application form
- Submit application and evidence via Dropbox, following instructions on the Application Form