The Glowing Embers blog has been designed to support the Forest School community and FSA members through the Coronavirus period when the majority of practitioners are unable to work because schools have closed. We aim to post blog articles that are useful, informative and/ or a solace. We hope that blogs might prompt an action, a thought or a reflection. Each blog post will be posted on the FSA website and will be linked to a Group page in LinkedIn called FSA Sparks for the Forest School Community. We have chosen to use LinkedIn to reflect the professional status of the discussion and to be inclusive of those who do not use Facebook and Twitter because of the associated potential for emotional conflict.
- Please follow the FSA Code of Conduct and the FSA website communication rules and guidelines.
- Please be creative and explore relevant issues.
- Please assume that individuals contribute with the best of intentions and leave accusations and judgements elsewhere.
- Please speak for yourself.
- This group is for professional discussions not for self-promotion. Anything resembling commercial adverts will be removed.
- Moderators reserve the right to edit or remove comments if they conflict with the spirit of the blog.
Glowing Embers will be an informal blog from FSA members.
- Messages must not be abusive, obscene, defamatory or libellous, inflammatory, vulgar, sexually orientated, racial, political, hateful, threatening, in violation of any laws or good morals and practice.
- Racial, ethnic, minority or gender-based insults or any form of discrimination is prohibited.
- Insulting (irony and sarcasm can be insulting), trolling, flaming, harassing or threatening anyone is prohibited.
- Posting of material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, or invasive of a person’s privacy is prohibited.
- Provocation for the sake of provocation is prohibited.
- ‘Coded’ expletives in messages are not permitted (ie non-alphabetic characters disguising bad language).
- Messages deemed to contain commercial advertising or unsolicited messages for the purpose of advertising a product or service, are not permitted. – No chain letters, spam or junk messages may be transmitted to other users.
- Members may not post or distribute files, articles or other information subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights, except with the express consent of the owner of the rights.
- The rules are not designed to anticipate any given situation, and consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure this community is not disrupted or abused in any way (see guidelines for applying the rules below).