It is a legal requirement that Level 3 Forest School Leaders have adequate Public Liability Insurance in place when running Forest School Programmes and tailored to their client group and experiences they will be offering. PL Insurance is either obtained privately if an independent Forest School Provider, or through the school or setting.
It is also advised that woodland owners have Public Liability insurance cover. If the woodland owner is making a charge to use the woodland, the owner will also need to have commercial liability insurance.
Insurance companies will vary on the experiences they will cover and may impose certain age restrictions when working with tools or fire. It is up to the Forest School Leader to ensure they are adequately covered.
Most insurance companies will want to see a copy of the Forest School Handbook containing all policies, procedures and risk/risk benefit assessments before offering Public Liability Insurance.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This